Finnish Traditional Salmon Soup
Here is my secret I didn´t get this recipe from a Finnish friend. I saw a YT video from a Spanish woman who lived in Finland. Before that I asked my mother-in-law and others Finnish friends the instructions on how to make it and believe or not, they didn’t know the recipe. Looked easy and I like cooking, so I tried it! Trust me it’s delicious. I’m happy to share it with you:
- 2 potatoes (medium size)
- 3 carrots
- 300g fresh salmon
- 1 fish cube Knorr
- Sea salt
- 5 peppercorns
- Dill (you can also use the dry version)
- 300 ml Food cream (+20% fat) or whipping cream (33% fat)
- Bay leaves
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add the sliced leek FIRST until it turns transparent
- Add the sliced potatoes and carrots and fry them a little
- Add water up to covering the vegetables.
- Boil it in medium temperature for about 20 min.
- Add the fish cube, salt, bay leaves, peppercorns & salt to taste.
- Add the food cream.
- Add the chunk salmon & boil it for 5-7 min.
- Add dill (fresh, dry or avoid it if you don't like the taste)
- Serve it with your favorite bread
- Enjoy it!
Let me know if you try this recipe!